Another new road to travel


Euphorbia polychroma

Oh heck, I can't wait any longer, I've got a job, I'm terrified and really excited!!!!

As many of you know if you read my blethers and havers on here, I took a year out starting last November, to do me stuff and see what I wanted to do with life. I was going to be open minded about what I might end up doing and signed up for a course in botanical identification.

As you may also know from here my life in recent years has meandered and lurched and changed from one path to another and so much from what I thought it was going to be, so it 's no surprise to me now that another unanticipated road has appeared over the horizon in the last month.

It's not just a job though, David and I have bought a plant nursery!! Yes I know I said it was something I'd never ever do, but you know when so many things just feel right and slot perfectly into place? Well this was one of them.

The nursery is only 15 minutes from home and has been trading well for several years. The site needs a lot of work to tidy it up and there is lots of potential for selling more plants and planting up gardens. The farm it is on also has a great farm shop, gallery and restaurant so we will already have customers passing by.

I suspect the Quirky bird will be doing a lot of blogging from the nursery as well as the garden here at home. If you are local I hope you will come and visit and if not follow us on facebook and our website once I get it up and running.

I will put full details of where we are, opening times, website and Facebook once we get the keys on 1st June, hopefully.

It will be a lot of work, but hopefully fun too. Exciting times ahead.

Melica nutans


Meanwhile other news, well there's not much happening in the garden, its still to cold to get the veg seedlings planted out which are getting huge. I have spent most of the last month working out cash flow forecasts, making lists of things to do once we get the nursery, things to buy, things to do here at home before I am too busy working. The sun is shining at the moment but showers are forecast and a cold wind is still blowing.

Looking forward to sharing our news and progress with you all over the coming months.


FInd us on Facebook, search for the Quirky bird

Comments

  1. I've already commented on facebook but couldn't help myself again :)
    If it feels right then it will be right. Can't wait to visit - I'd better start saving! Good luck to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, exciting and terrifying but it feels right :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, how exciting for you both!!!! There seems to be a flurry of people getting jobs on my blog feed at the moment. I'm chuffed for you.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thanks Leanne, that's lovely of you, I am really excited but nervous too, I worked for 12 years in retail horticulture, but its different doing it all yourself xx

      Delete

Post a Comment