Snowdrops

Snowdrops are in full flower, bringing colour to our gardens and lifting our spirits. Last year I did a blog on snowdrops which you can read here: snowdrops spreading wee bit of joy in the grip of winter. This year I thought I'd share some photographs I took this week of my snowdrops. When I lifted plants to bring with us when we moved last year, I managed to get some of each snowdrop I had, appart from G. 'Lady Elphinstone' which I couldn't find. But I know where I can get a few new bulbs. 

Galanthus 'Hill Poe'

Galanthus 'Hill Poe'

Earlier this week I decided to pick one flower of each variety and do some photography with them. These are the results, the close ups are taken with the macro lens which I love using.


Galanthus 'John Gray' in light


Galanthus 'John Gray' in light


Galanthus 'Magnet' close up


Galanthus 'Magnet' close up


Galanthus 'Magnet' close up


Galanthus in shot glass


Galanthus in shot glasses


Galanthus nivalis 'Flore Plena'


Galanthus nivalis 'Flore Plena'


Galanthus nivalis


Galanthus nivalis

Comments